The Davey Tree Expert Tree Risk Assessment Qualified Arborist- Reno, NV in Reno, Nevada
Requisition Number: 101226
Company Name: DRG Inc
Service Line: 1UVM - DRG Utility Vegetation Management
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: Associates
Work Experience Required: 3 - 5 years
Travel Expectations: Up to 75%
The Davey Resource Group Inc
POSITION: Tree Risk Assessment Qualified Arborist (Seeking ISA Certified Arborists)
Details: Paid Tree Risk Assessment Qualification course and hourly wage during the course. Once TRAQ certified, employees will staff a temporary 6-9 month project with a minimum commitment of at least 3 months required, 6x10 hour days, $35 per diem 7 days per week, housing provided, compensated flights, $25/hour during course, $30/hour once on project.
POSITION LOCATIONS: Central to Southern California
Davey Resource Group, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of the employee owned Davey Tree Expert Company. We provide a wide range of natural resource, utility, GIS and remote sensing consulting services. Our job is to help our clients provide a safe and reliable power source through proper vegetation management practices.
Do you want a career working outdoors? The Davey Resource Group (DRG) is currently hiring certified arborists, professional foresters, horticulturalists, natural resource specialists, environmental scientists, landscape, nursery, tree care and parks and recreation professionals, plant and outdoor enthusiasts to join our workforce.
* Hazard tree inspections
* Communicate with landowners regarding work on or near their property
* Collect and enter data on handheld devices, follow maps and use GPS navigation
* Assess all terrain, habitat, and environmental conditions
* Coordinate with project managers, planners, and vegetation crews
* Willingness to travel throughout California
* Embraces an outdoor and independent work environment
* Thrives on adaptation, continual learning and training and is detail oriented
* Possess knowledge of local tree species and species specific growth rates
* Has ability to work and hike in rugged terrain and inclement weather
* Is a great communicator and team player
* International Society of Arboriculture Certified Arborist
* Two or four year degree in horticulture, forestry, urban forestry, environmental science or a related discipline
* Clean DMV driving record and ability to drive and operate a 4x4 vehicle on rough roads
WHAT WE OFFER:
* Company Vehicle/Fuel Card
* Company Phone
* Paid time off and paid holidays
* Per Diem and paid hotels when traveling
* Opportunities for advancement
* All job specific equipment and safety gear provided
* 401(k) retirement savings plan with a company match
* Employee-owned company & discounted stock purchase options
* Group Health Plan
* Employee referral bonus program
* Career Development Program supported by Industry Expert Safety Specialists & Skills Trainers
* Employee Scholarship for AS degree in Environmental Management
* Scholarship Program for Children of Employees
* Charitable matching gift program
* Company paid professional certifications and continuing education
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: DRG offers competitive wages based on qualifications and experience. Pre-employment drug screen and Social Security Number verification required. The Davey Tree Expert Company and DRG are Equal Opportunity Employers.
CONTACT: Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Visit jobs.davey.com for additional job opportunities and company information.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.