Grand Sierra Resort and Casino Soft Count Manager in Reno, Nevada
The Soft Count Manager is responsible for ensuring the efficient and smooth operation of the count room in accordance with gaming regulations and accounting procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES _ include the following. Other duties may be assigned._
- Assure that count room procedures are followed in compliance with gaming regulations.
- Delegates duties and assigns responsibilities.
- Completion of financial reports, paper work, and security of information.
- Assure compliance of internal controls for all accounting and cash handling.
- Development of staff, interviews, hires, and evaluates.
- Responsible for communicating and implementing procedures and processes for the overall efficient operations of the department.
- Ensure staff is trained and prepared to deliver the highest level of customer service.
- Ensure the safety and security of employees and customers. Manages programs and processes to control and reduce loss time injuries.
- Controls and facilities processes to ensure proper head count and employee coverage in all operational departments. Monitors FTEs, actual head count, and overtime.
- Achieve departmental and individual performance goals and duties in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate ability to understand, communicate and comply with Company Policies, Processes, and Procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Timeliness and accuracy in performing assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Knowledge of, gaming regulations, and internal controls.
- Ability to use all equipment, systems, and tools typically associated with the position.
- Guest service and public relations skills are essential.
- Ability to perform assigned duties under frequent time pressures.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality as needed to safeguard team-members, and proprietary data.
High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
2+ years’ experience in count room or banking preferred.
- Must have or be able to obtain a valid state Gaming License.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATES Ability to obtain/renew all government required licenses or certification. (Nevada Gaming Control Board Gaming work Permit)
REASONING ABILITY Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret and follow through on a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Excellent time management, problem solving and organizational skills are a must.
Must be a minimum of 21 years of age with a current, gaming license. Flexible to work all shifts including holidays, nights, and weekend hours as business needs dictate. Attend and participate in meetings in order to be informed of new rules, regulations and procedures and to discuss scheduling and/or other concerns of the Hotel and/or department. In addition to performance of essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of functions to be determined based upon the particular needs of the Hotel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee: must be able to maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude to work under pressure in a fast-paced, casino environment and effectively deal with customers, management, team members and others. Is regularly required to sit; stand; walk and move through all areas of the casino; speak and hear; use hands to finger, handle, or feel. May reach with hands and arms above shoulder level; bend/stoop, squat, balance, kneel, lift and push/pull. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance visions, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to a smoke-filled environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Department: GSR - Soft Count
Company: Grand Sierra Resort and Casino
Age Requirement: Must be 21 years or Over
# of openings: 1