Fiserv REMOTE ROLE Services Architect - Event Streaming Services in Reno, Nevada
What does a great Services Architect do at Fiserv?
We need a Services Architect for Fiserv’s Event Streaming Services (Kafka) enterprise platform.
This is a cool job that will surround you with some of the brightest minds in the industry, working on innovative technology. What we have going here will set the tone for all of the future of Fintech. We need a been there, done it candidate that can come in and contribute immediately.
The best part is, a role like this offers a chance to build out your skill sets but also slates you perfectly for career path options at Fiserv.
You will be supporting enterprise solutions with your extensive experience with Event driven platforms and automation, transforming the Enterprise Data Streaming Services. This role is a contributor to the engineering and automation of Fiserv’s global (Kafka) Event Streaming Services Platform, assisting in new application builds, scaled deployments, and operations for all of our customers.
The Event Streaming Services Architect will assist in Architecting the Event Streaming platforms, designing and automating the daily operations of the Event Streaming Environments, as well as architecting additional tools for integrating with the Event Streaming environment.
In addition, they will work with developers on integrating with the Event Streaming platform, assisting in the design, scale, and tooling of the application. The architect role should always be able to assist the operations and development staff with questions and support of the environments, as the next level of escalation. The Event Streaming Services Architect will work as part of an agile team, continuously striving to automate, improve overall platform availability and remove extraneous processes from the onboarding process to the platform.
Supports the existing Event Streaming (Kafka) platforms. Assists in installation of new Event Streaming Services (Kafka) platforms. Builds best practices and ensures adoption of secure development and automation of development and deployment
You’re the kind of person who can:
· Take input from Platform Architect (team) to facilitate analytics platform provisioning, maintenance and support
· Coordinate with platform architect (team) to implement changes to platform configuration and components
· Report on the status and operability of existing Event Streaming Services (Kafka) platforms
· Ensure Adherence to plans and standards by participating in quality management reviews
· Certify tools for code management, automated testing, platform terraforming and release management.
· Ensure compliance is built in to account for Regulatory & internal policies
· Monitor and respond to Event Streaming Services (Kafka) platform failures and bottlenecks
· Perform troubleshooting and contact appropriate resources should the need arise
· Ensure security and access measures are implemented properly: authentication, authorization
· Experience working with Message Systems such as Kafka and / or streaming engines like Kinesis / EventHub / DataFlow
· Knowledge of Agile and DevOps methodologies
· Experience designing, deploying, and supporting production cloud environments, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, and private cloud environments.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
· Bachelor’s degree or high school diploma/GED
· Minimum of 1 years operating in Kafka environments
· Minimum of 1 years of work experience in Software development, Cloud Security, Cloud Development and data management
· Minimum of 5 years of work experience in Systems administration
· Advanced knowledge of BI / analytics capabilities, techniques, and best practices
· Advanced Expertise in Security Frameworks and Security Services on Premises and in the Cloud
Preferred Qualifications For Consideration:
Deep understanding of agile development processes, methods, and tools
· Experience with Kafka and other Apache stack components is ideal.
· Knowledge of Kafka Configurations, Management and Kafka testing.
· Understanding of Data Engineering
· Awareness of Cloud solutions and offerings
· Experience with Cloudera Kafka preferred
Travel: Up to 10 percent once Covid19 restrictions are lifted.
Learn More About Fiserv:
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services” But we are. We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely. We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 50,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought. Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the sixth consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation. Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce.
Fiserv is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet. Visit http://www.careers.fiserv.com/eeo for more information.
- Fiserv Jobs