Renown Health Registered Nurse – Employee Health Coordinator in Reno, Nevada
Registered Nurse – Employee Health Coordinator
Requisition id: 156256
Department: 100503 Infection Prevention
Facility: Renown Health
Schedule: Full Time
This position's responsibility is to promote health and safety to all employees by facilitating an Employee Health Program which includes disease detection, prevention, and treatment; following up employee illnesses and injuries; conducting employee health screenings and training; and, promoting a safe work environment.
Nature and Scope
• Implements program goals and policies.
• Is an active participant in the hospital safety and infection control committees and must interface with the personnel responsible for those committees.
• Shall maintain the privacy of the patient and the confidentiality of the medical record.
• Is responsible for immunizations as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Infection Control Committee. The incumbent must also be able to accurately assess those employees who present for evaluation and initiate appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic measures according to protocol.
• Shall generate monthly statistical reports as required by the Infection Control Committee and/or regulatory/accrediting agencies.
• Will develop and/or review and revise policies and procedures on at least an annual basis.
• Is the primary resource for the employees, directors and system on issues regarding employee health, regulatory rules/ regulations/standards and related issues.
• Conducts surveillance and follow-up of employee exposures to communicable diseases, and ensures compliance with organization’s annual TB risk assessment.
• Utilizes knowledge of employee health and regulatory rules/regulations/standards in day-to-day practice and decision making.
• Conducts Employee Health/Infection Control education in collaboration with Infection Control department.
• Provides assistance with infection control data collection and data entry into mandatory reporting platforms when needed.
• Plans, organizes and provides employee health services for employees and volunteers as warranted.
• Monitors and evaluates compliance with the employee health program requirements and notifies individuals in a timely manner when there is a deficiency.
• Assists with employee accident investigation and prevention and other safety initiatives.
• Provides initial screening and collaborates with appropriate departments for follow-up when employees are exposed to blood, body fluid and exposures.
• Reviews pre-employment health history screening and assists in the administration of new employee and annual employee health requirements (ie. Influenza program), provides education and fitting of employees with Personal Protective Equipment. Annually educates appropriate use.
• Upon request will provide evaluation, referral, and recommendation on employee illnesses.
• Collaborates with Infection Control department in conducting outbreak investigations.
• Maintains a collaborative relationship with Hospital Employee Physician.
Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, based upon physical, motor/sensory, psychosocial, and safety appropriate to the age of the patient served. The incumbent must provide optimal patient care through assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of adult patient population.
This position does not provide patient care.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Minimum QualificationsRequirements – Required and/or Preferred
Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing and speaking English. The employee health coordinator must possess a bachelor's degree in nursing (BSN), masters preferred, with a background in public health, industrial, or ambulatory care settings.
Two (2) years acute care hospital experience preferably in employee health, epidemiology, occupational health and or infection control. Prefer working knowledge of microbiology, epidemiology, infectious diseases, aseptic techniques and current practices.
Ability to obtain and maintain a State of Nevada Registered Nurse license.
AHA BLS certification.
Computer / Typing:
Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word and have the ability to use the computer to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.