Grand Sierra Resort and Casino Recreation Facilities Manager in Reno, Nevada
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Supervise and lead all Certified Pool Operators (CPO’s), Utility Techs and supporting staff.
- Plan and develop projects.
- Quality control and oversee the maintenance & cleanliness of all grounds and landscaping, pools, pool areas, spas, ice rink and ice rink equipment.
- Direct and coordinate production, operations, quality assurance, testing and record keeping of maintenance and cleanliness for grounds and landscaping, pools splash pad, spas, pool pump and ice rink chiller equipment.
- Assist with the hiring, training, mentoring and the discipline of staff.
- Participate in writing performance reviews and solving internal issues.
- Discuss and layout project specifications.
- Review, approve or modify product and area designs with department Director.
- Prepare budgets, bids and contracts for review.
- Negotiate, review and recommend contracts.
- Develop cost estimates.
- Establish administrative policies, procedures and standards.
- Maintain appropriate supply of materials and equipment to carry out the normal day to day operating and maintenance requirements of the grounds and landscaping, pool and ice rink areas.
- Conduct walk-throughs and visually assess the safe and efficient maintenance, cleanliness and operations of the physical structure(s) of the grounds and landscaping, pools, spas, splash pad and ice rinks’ mechanical, electrical systems and any other related equipment.
- Regularly informs the Director of the specific and overall condition of the building structure(s) related systems and equipment offering prudent and cost effective proposals.
- Must possess the ability to identify potential equipment issues and/or safety concerns, trouble shooting skills, interpersonal communication with staff and guest.
- Must be familiar with all MS Office applications (i.e. Outlook, Word, and Excel).
- 2 – 5 years of Engineering/Facility Maintenance.
- Certified Pool Operator License
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee: must be able to maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude to work under pressure in a fast-paced, casino environment and effectively deal with customers, management,team members and others. Is regularly required to sit; stand; walk and move through all areas of the casino; speak and hear; use hands to finger, handle, or feel. May reach with hands and arms above shoulder level; bend/stoop, squat, balance, kneel, lift and push/pull. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance visions, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to a smoke-filled environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Department: GSR - Facilities
Company: Grand Sierra Resort and Casino
Age Requirement: Must be 21 years or Over
# of openings: 1