Grand Sierra Resort and Casino Financial Analyst in Reno, Nevada
Grand Sierra Resort and Casino is in the heart of Reno/Tahoe area. GSR is northern Nevada’s most complete resort destination with nearly 2,000 guest rooms and suites. The property offers a wide variety of accommodations for the everyday business traveler to the complete family vacation with amenities that include 200,000 square feet of meeting and convention space, branded retail shopping, headliner entertainment, a cinema, a 50-lane championship bowling center, outdoor thrill rides, aqua golf driving range, and a brand new 25,000 square-foot nightclub opening this summer. We are the largest casino north of Las Vegas with 24 hours of heart-pounding action plus so much more!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES _ include the following. Other duties may be assigned._
- Investigate methods to analyze slot play, table games and/or marketing and entertainment events
- Create mathematical models that will improve analytical tools or provide advanced methods to research performance of games and promotions.
- Create in depth financial models using databases, Excel and other software.
- Apply statistical techniques to address practical issues in a casino environment.
- Analyze performance of slot machines in casino environment.
- Analyze opportunities to improve profits.
- Assist with budget, cost and variance analyses.
- Assist with financial planning and modeling.
- Support senior staff with special projects.
- Review financial statements and distribute analysis which is used to make major financial decisions—primarily with respect to major events and promotions.
- Use financial analyses, and the study of industry and market trends to compile data that will be used in planning meetings to plot, or correct, business strategies.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance
- Casino experience preferred
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Strong PC skills, specifically Microsoft Excel
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a high pressure environment
- Flexibility of shifts and hours
- Positive team player
Excellent communication skills both written and oral. Must possess interpersonal skills to deal effectively with business contacts and employees at all levels of the company. Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language in order to complete reports, correspondence, and communicate with internal guests and external guests, and superiors.
Ability to accurately add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure and calculate figures and amounts. Candidate must haveability to compute rate, ratio, percent, and to create and interpret bar graphs.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATES Must obtain and maintain appropriate licensing with the Nevada Gaming Board and Alcohol Awareness Card
REASONING ABILITY Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret and follow through on a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Excellent time management, problem solving and organizational skills are a must.
Must be a minimum of 21 years of age and must be proficient in Microsoft Office Products: Word, Power Point, Publisher, Outlook; expert in Excel. Flexible to work all shifts including holidays, nights, and weekend hours as business needs dictate. Attend and participate in meetings in order to be informed of new rules, regulations and procedures and to discuss scheduling and/or other concerns of the Hotel and/or department. In addition to performance of essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of functions to be determined based upon the particular needs of the Hotel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee: must be able to maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude to work under pressure in a fast-paced, casino environment and effectively deal with customers, management, team members and others. Is regularly required to sit; stand; walk and move through all areas of the casino; speak and hear; use hands to finger, handle, or feel. May reach with hands and arms above shoulder level; bend/stoop, squat, balance, kneel, lift and push/pull. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance visions, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to a smoke-filled environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Department: GSR - Finance & Accounting
Company: Grand Sierra Resort and Casino
Age Requirement: Must be 21 years or Over
# of openings: 1