Grand Sierra Resort and Casino Digital Marketing Communications Designer in Reno, Nevada
Voted Best Hotel and Overall Gaming Resort in Reno multiple years in a row, Grand Sierra Resort and Casino is seeking a creative and talented Digital Marketing Communications Designer (aka Email Designer, Graphic Designer, Digital Designer). GSR is ready to welcome to the team a proven marketing professional with the skills and passion for delivering engaging and beautiful designs and effective and efficient communication layouts for email and more. The Digital Marketing Communications Designer must be proficient in graphic design, layout and development for digital mediums. The Digital Marketing Communications Designer will be responsible for conceptualizing, designing, and producing digital creative for deliverables including, but not limited to, email, digital display ads, and web pages. In addition the Digital Marketing Communications Designer will collaborate and coordinate with other designer teams on design, layout, and pre-press functions for print advertising, direct mail pieces, marketing collateral, and signage. Candidates must present a portfolio of work samples to be considered for position. The Digital Marketing Communications Designer will be responsible for staying current with best practices, strategies, and industry standards related to this position. The ideal candidate will be a creative, analytical, organized, flexible problem solver, who can effectively manage production and delivery of designs and deliverables that drive positive guest experiences and revenue, in the exciting, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment of hotel/casino/resort marketing.
Critical Work Traits:
- Passionate about, and able to deliver, effective communication through great design
- Understanding, knowledgeable and able to design and execute effectively for digital channels
- Ability to work in a fast past environment, prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter
- Develop creative concepts and execute effective designs within parameters of brand guidelines for multiple projects in multiple platforms
- Strong knowledge of design fundamentals including strategic branding, color theory, typography and composition
- Design responsive email/web templates, digital display ads, digital ads for electronic screens, print ads, direct mail pieces, collateral and signage with knowledge of final production techniques
- Design, edit and produce digital and video messaging
- Understanding file prep for vendor production and archiving or working files
- Working knowledge of standard printing techniques
- Ability to collaborate and interact effectively with internal and external clients, vendors, team members, and department staff
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely verbally and in writing
- Ability to proof and edit copy, understand and follow verbal directives and written directions, in English
- Ability to accept constructive criticism
- Work cross-functionally with multiple teams (e.g., Creative, Database Marketing, Players Club, etc.) across multiple properties (e.g., Grand Sierra Resort and SAHARA Las Vegas) to manage and execute projects in accordance with established strategies and processes
- Responsive email template design (in collaboration with multiple stakeholders) and development that help ensure high recipient engagement
- Maximize the use of the email management/delivery (marketing automation) tool to deliver effective campaigns
- Contribute to content development including but not limited to copywriting and graphic layout and optimization
- Plan, set-up and implement multivariate (A/B) tests, based on recognized best practices – in order to optimize subject line and CTA efficacy, open rate, click-thru rate and conversion rate
- Stay current on digital marketing best practices including coding, design, testing and analytics
- Web template design, development and testing across multiple devices and display clients (e.g, browsers)
- Identify, diagnose and implement opportunities, and/or resolve issues, for improved design layout, deliverability and performance
- Assist with creating report dashboards and/or custom reports for improved campaign performance
- Provide actionable recommendations to improvement to digital marketing initiatives
- Troubleshoot and work with support resources to resolve technical issues related to digital deliverables (e.g., email templates, display ads)
- Other activities and duties as assigned and requested by Digital Marketing Director, or other senior Marketing management team members
- Excellent understanding of digital marketing concepts and metrics such as delivery rate (e.g., email), open rate (e.g., email), and click-thru rate (e.g., email, display ads)
- Professional competency with Adobe Creative Suite applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, etc.)
- Professional competency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Strong proficiency in digital marketing and marketing automation technology such as Marketo, HubSpot, or Mailchimp
- Proficiency with HTML (HTML5) and CSS (CSS3) development
- BA/BS degree in related field or equivalent working experience
- 4-5 years of experience with digital marketing through design, display ads, email and analytics
- Minimum four(4) years of experience in digital marketing
- Casino gaming experience, especially understanding of player incentives and offers
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple tasks
- A passion for effective marketing communications across all channels (print, digital, media)
- Strong written, oral communication, interpersonal skills
- Proactive, energetic personality with inquiring, investigative mind
- Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies
- Ability to conduct research into code-, application- and software-related issues and products
- Highly logical and technically proficient
- Highly self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Keen attention to detail with proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, percent, and to create and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions through decisive judgment. Ability to interpret and follow through on a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee: must be able to maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude to work under pressure in a fast-paced, casino environment and effectively deal with customers, management, employees and others. Is regularly required to sit; stand; walk and move through all areas of the casino; speak and hear; use hands to finger, handle, or feel. May reach with hands and arms above shoulder level; bend/stoop, squat, balance, kneel, lift and push/pull. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance visions, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to a smoke-filled environment.
Department: GSR - Advertising & Public Relations
Company: Grand Sierra Resort and Casino
Age Requirement: Must be 18 years or Over
# of openings: 1