Grand Sierra Resort and Casino Accounts Payable Supervisor in Reno, Nevada
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Support AP Team
- Match purchase orders with invoices
- Maintain cash requirements
- Pay vendor invoices and track bank account balances.
- Monitor all vendor payment agreements to find discounts that can be used to reduce invoice amounts.
- Responsible for paying sales tax to various jurisdictions on appropriate invoices and keeping accurate record of payments made.
- Supervisory experience a plus
- Accounts payable experience required
- Previous casino experience a plus
- Infinium knowledge preferred
- High School diploma required, Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
- Minimum 5 yrs experience in accounts payable
- Proactive in identifying problem and taking actions to resolve
- Must have a reasonable level of proficiency with Excel and Microsoft Work
- Must be familiar with Month-end procedures
- Must have experience in expense reports, coding, etc.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee: must be able to maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude to work under pressure in a fast-paced, casino environment and effectively deal with customers, management, team members and others. Is regularly required to sit; stand; walk and move through all areas of the casino; speak and hear; use hands to finger, handle, or feel. May reach with hands and arms above shoulder level; bend/stoop, squat, balance, kneel, lift and push/pull. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance visions, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
Work performed indoors, in climate controlled environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Employee may be exposed to odor and secondhand smoke.
Department: GSR - Finance & Accounting
Company: Grand Sierra Resort and Casino
Age Requirement: Must be 21 years or Over
# of openings: 1