Overland Contracting, Inc. Telecom Field Construction Manager in Las Vegas, Nevada
Telecom Field Construction Manager
This position will drive construction and troubleshooting activities for the AT&T Program in the Las Vegas region.
Accountable for performing various assignments relating to all groups supporting construction activities. This position builds spreadsheets, analyzes trends, communicates information to site staff/departments, travels to construction sites, and performs other general work for construction departments or works in the field directly for the project assisting in all any areas of field operations.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assists with project controls activities including tracking cost and developing schedules. Develops spreadsheets as requested.
• Assists field staff in any areas of operation (facilitators, inspectors, project controls, safety, etc.)
• Assists with construction estimates. • Assists in pre-planning safety & health activities. Audits construction activities for compliance with company and project safety & health requirements. Assists in execution of safety & health program elements for their respective field.
• Performs shop inspections with the quality group. Reviews codes and requirements. May work with material applications.
• Assists procurement with logistics activities, packaging subcontracts for construction projects, and working with site materials management.
• Assists startup in the home office with proposal preparation, commodity evaluations, and spreadsheet tools development.
• Assists startup in the field with progress tracking, cost evaluations, turnover package development, system walkdowns, and punchlist maintenance.
• Performs various other assignments at the request of construction management.
• Analyzes and communicates results of designated assignments.
• Individual contributor with no subordinates.
1 year of experience required. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
BS in Construction Science, Engineering, or Management preferred, or relevant experience. Preferred Competencies:
• Analytical skills
• Multi-tasking skills
• Communications skills, both written and oral
• Initiative, self starter, highly motivated
• Attention to detail
• Interpersonal skills
• Mathematical skills
• Problem solving skills
• Computer skills
• Basic understanding of construction principles
Overland Contracting Inc. (OCI), a Black and Veatch subsidiary, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. OCI does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.