Hospital Corporation of America Respiratory Practitioner II in Las Vegas, Nevada

Respiratory Practitioner II - PRN

The RCP II demonstrates basic knowledge and skill necessary to direct care appropriate to the patients served in his/her department. The RCP II demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the lifespan, assesses the patient’s status and interprets the information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to age-specific needs. The RCP II provides care as needed and as described in the department’s policies and procedures.


Graduate of an Accredited Respiratory Program.


REQUIRED: must have current / recent acute care Respiratory Therapist experience within the last 12 months, and 1 year experience in an acute care facility or freestanding practice. Prefer experience in all facets of cardiopulmonary respiratory care in a major tertiary clinical referral center. Prefer Adult Critical Care and Ventilator management experience.


Require effective written and verbal communication skills, basic knowledge of growth and development and competence in the range of treatment required by patients including respiratory and pulmonary.

The RCP II is assigned to general care areas and may also be assigned to critical care areas.

Duties may include all modalities offered on general care areas and critical care areas.

The RCP II demonstrates competency in at least 1 of the following areas, Adult ICUs, PICU, NICU.


Licensed by the Nevada State Board of Medical Examiners. Nevada State license to perform arterial blood gases.

Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) Registered by the National Board of Respiratory Care. BLS

Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.

For more details go to URL