Atlas Lift Tech Program Manager (Healthcare Operations Manager) in Las Vegas, Nevada
JOB TITLE: Healthcare Operations Manager (Program Manager)
ABOUT THE JOB: As part of the Operations team, the Program Manager leads the delivery of Safe Patient Handling and Mobility (SPHM) program(s), utilizing the Atlas Lift Tech Model. As a Program Manager, in one of our contracted facilities, you will be expected to function as a combination of a program manager, account manager and staffing manager while delivering the Statement of Work (SOW) to meet or exceed our client’s expectations.
Client Relationship Management:
• Establishes and maintains productive, professional relationships with Key Points of Contact (KPOC) in the Hospital to ensure an overall positive customer experience.
• Acts as the local main point of contact for service recovery, acting as liaison between the customer & staff ensuring all customer complaints, inquiries and/or issues are resolved to the customer’s satisfaction.
• Serves as a Liaison between the hospital(s) KPOC’s & Atlas Lift Tech.
• Works collaboratively with the client to provide SPHM solutions required to ensure fulfillment of the SOW.
• Maintains positive communication with all departments and customers (both internal and external) served by the SOW.
• Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates customer needs on an ongoing basis and reports progress, issues and opportunities using Atlas standardized reports.
Safe Patient Handling and Mobility Program Management & Training:
• Manages the implementation of the Atlas SPHM Program. Responsible for leading, coordinating training, as well as, implementation of all SPHM strategies according to the SOW outlined in the contract.
• Consults and influences SPHM polices, procedures and practices in the hospital that impacts the hospital culture.
• Participates and leads (as appropriate) Committees, Task Forces, Department/Unit Meetings, Work Groups and any other teams in the Hospital and/or delegates as appropriate to Senior Lift Coaches.
• Prepares agendas, trainings, presentations and reports as the SPHM program lead using Lift Tracker (LT) data.
• Coordinates, plans, documents and implements SPHM Hospital staff “Score Carding” to ensure compliance with AB 1136 and OSHA requirements.
• Assists the facility in coordinating all interdisciplinary communication efforts regarding SPHM efforts.
• Works with the facility to develop a return to work program that reviews employee injury reports related to safe patient handling and provides additional coaching where necessary.
• Works with the facility to develop and implement processes, trainings, and continuous improvement measures along with action plans to improve the delivery of SPHM techniques.
Staffing Management & Administration:
• Responsible for interviewing, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees. This includes communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, reviewing performance and enforcing policies and procedures and can include termination.
• Responsible for managing scheduling, payroll and data entry into specified databases and programs.
• In addition to management duties, performs regular rounding in the patient care areas to provide technical support to clinical staff.
• Continually educates and trains LC’s on SPHM body mechanics, mobility assessments, lifting techniques, proper use of lift equipment and any other processes or systems related to SPHM. Ensure that all LC are compliant with any and all mandatory training.
• Compiles communication binder and ensure employees are compliant with Hospital and Atlas policies, procedures and practices.
• Manages contract administrative duties and responds to all communication in a timely manner.
• Produces regularly scheduled reports as instructed by Director of Operations.
• Tracks and communicates contract expirations, renewals, and the execution of new contract phases.
• Meets with the DOO on a regular basis to review major activities, issues, and progress toward objectives.
• Responsible for escalating concerns regarding questionable practice(s) to appropriate Atlas management.
• Works with the DOO to maximize the profitability of the account.
• Works conjointly on marketing campaigns and facility development with Atlas marketing personnel.
• Ensures and inspects data entry points in Lift Tracker for accuracy and compliance.
• Depending on the size of the contract, participates in On-Call Management program and other corporate operation initiatives, and works floor shifts as needed.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
• Demonstrated ability to use good judgment, common sense and make good decisions.
• Minimum of 2 years supervisory/management experience.
• 3 years direct or related experience working in an acute care clinical setting.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively train others. Strong active listening, oral, and written communication skills; demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, sell ideas, and influence outcomes across an organization.
• Background in Safety Management, Development and Training.
• Ability to assess complex issues, strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Good numeracy skills.
• Ability to work independently, good organizational skill, proactive and highly self motivated. Strong decision making skills and the ability to take the lead.
• Experience conducting Safety risk assessments, job site analysis, product evaluations and injury prevention program development, implementation and training.
• Knowledge of personal computers and mobile devices and various software programs (Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and familiarity with scheduling and Time and Labor software.
• EMT Certification, preferred.
• CPR/BLS Certification required.
• Bachelors Degree preferred.
• Physical requirements include long hours on your feet and the ability to lift 35 pounds
At Atlas we pride ourselves on the quality of our people, and we invest in them in hopes that each individual will not only grow with the company but also help us grow. From the executive leadership team to the lift coaches, we genuinely enjoy what we do and are proud to be the pioneers in SPHM. Employees are valued and appreciated, and we let them know it. How many companies do you know that sends each employee a birthday card and a personalized memo from the COO on their work anniversary, and has fun monthly contests with awesome prizes?! Our benefit package is very robust and is always evolving. Below is a list of some of the benefits to working at Atlas:
• Fully paid 5-day training academy to teach you how to be a Program Manager
• Competitive compensation package
• Generous employee referral bonus program
• Company paid uniform
• CPR re-certification reimbursement program
• Free health screens and annual immunizations
• Promotional opportunities and internal transfer opportunities nationwide
• Free online education and training access
• Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance *
• Medical Flexible Spending Account *
• Dependent Care Account *
• Parking Commuter Benefits *
• Transit Commuter Benefits
• Pet Insurance
• Legal Insurance
• Long Term Disability Insurance
• Basic & Voluntary Life Insurance
• Free Employee Assistance Program
• Vacation/Sick Leave *
• And much more!