Northrop Grumman Mgr Cyber Systems Engineering 1- SOC Manager in Las Vegas, Nevada
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems is seeking a Cyber Systems Engineer 1 for the Cyber Systems Engineering Integration and Test (SEIT) organization. This is a dual role position encompassing both people leadership and direct technical performance.
This position will manage a multi-discipline team supporting an operational training mission located in Las Vegas, NV with primary work location on Nellis AFB.
This role will focus on the following areas of responsibility:
• People Leadership and Technical Performance Ensure team has a clear purpose and clear roles
• Communicate information to employees in a timely manner to help them to be productive and engaged
• Give direct feedback to people on her/his team about their performance and potential in the organization
• Support Site Manager to find and develop talent.
• Functional responsibilities include staffing and workload forecast, employee inclusion, engagement, mentoring and career development.
• Additional responsibilities include coordinating specific staffing requirements, drafting/reviewing requisitions and performing hiring manager responsibilities, identifying rotational opportunities for employees, and performance management.
• Ensure technical requirements of supported program are being met by personnel within the discipline team.
• Team Technical Performance and scheduling of personnel to support SEIT leadership program milestones.
• The candidate should have a technical performance role currently in place that can account for at least 80% of their time. Technical performance abilities include background in system administration, network engineering, security engineering
• This position will be responsible for the daily management and tasking of assigned staffing to support event management, security analysis and key system administrator and network engineering staff to support customer training requirements.
• The successful candidate will clearly demonstrate strong leadership skills and have success as an effective communicator and problem solver who is able to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. This position works closely with government and partner industry personnel, professionalism and communication are key attributes for this role.
Bachelor Degree and a minimum of 5+ years' experience in software, hardware, security, network or systems engineering
Proven leadership skills as a people and technical leader, and ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment
Experience leading systems engineering teams or IPTs
Current, active Top Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility and ability to maintain Special Access Program clearances
Advanced degree in a field in a STEM field
Understanding of JSIG and RMF requirements/certification procedures
Experience in a System Security Engineering
Experience with flight simulation systems and distributed training networks
Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Information Technology
- Northrop Grumman Jobs