Allegiant Travel Company IT Support Engineer in Las Vegas, Nevada
What does a Station Support Engineer do for Allegiant?
A Station Support Engineer is responsible for the hands on implementation, support, and overview of airport networking infrastructure. This position is important for the growth of new and existing airports to implement and support for the network for Airline operation. They are an individual contributor that provides and leads 2nd and 3rd level customer support on client computers, peripherals, applications, tools and networks in a team environment.
- Along with the implementation of the network infrastructure this position is responsible for performing maintenance and upgrades to the hardware and software of the airport systems. Station Support Engineers enforce documentation standards of the infrastructure as well as maintaining an accurate list of inventory and asset management. This position will require working with other IT teams to assist in supporting an enterprise level IT infrastructure and deploy new technology while adhering to best practices and maintaining PCI Compliance.
What are some of the daily duties of a Station Support Engineer?
- Works incident, problem, crisis and change management processes determined by the department
- Supports technical troubleshooting for semi-complex problems relating to the network, computer and peripherals while working in an airport environment as well as remote support
- Maintain a standard of documentation based on the needs of the company’s airport equipment within Microsoft Visio as well as provide troubleshooting documentation for cross-training other team members
- Responsible for software installation, performance, troubleshooting and user training
- Perform Site audits and inventory
- Track time within a ticket system
- Supports implementing PCI and SOX configurations to meet Security compliance.
- Coordinates with business members to meet site requirements. This includes setup of new and existing sites.
- Recognizes deviations from semi-complex practices and uses judgment to recommend solutions or next steps
- Responsible for recommending configurations of Windows and Thin Client desktops, laptops, various vendor peripherals and software
- Coordinates the hands-on implementation of enterprise level Cisco and Checkpoint series networking gear
- Leads new projects
- Manage relationships with multiple vendors at a time to coordinate the installation of the networking infrastructure, including internet service providers, airport personnel, and construction and electrical contractors as it relates to cabling and fiber installations
- Provides cross training with team members
- Prioritize, address and follow through on multiple tasks in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work within a team environment, but also self-disciplined when outside of the office to complete projects and airport maintenance
- Must be able to work an after-hours, on-call rotation
- Errors in this position may result in severe delay of business operations associated with downtime and includes equipment failure and internal and external customer dissatisfaction
What are the minimum requirements to be a Station Support Engineer?
- Education requirements –
- BA or BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Industry recognized Certifications a plus
- CompTIA A+
- VMware Desktop and Mobility Specialist
- * *Work Experience –
- 3-5 years’ experience supporting an enterprise desktop environment
- 3-5 years’ experience managing technical implementation projects
- 3-5 years’ experience with asset management
- 1-2 years’ experience working with Virtual Desktops Environments
- Must pass a pre-employment background check
- Must have authorization to work in the U.S. as defined in the Immigrations Act of 1986
- No visa sponsorship available for this position
* *What other skills, knowledge, and qualifications are needed to be a Station Support Engineer?
- Availability to travel up to 60%, including domestic and international
- Advanced knowledge of network protocols including DHCP, DNS, and MAC Based Security
- Familiar with PowerShell scripting, creating .bat files, and group policy
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft’s core business applications and operating system
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and be self-guided for a range of related semi-complex tasks
- Excellent customer service and advanced technical support skills for resolving semi-complex issues
- Must be able to articulate technical information effectively to less technical customers and vendors to assist in remote troubleshooting
- Works independently under the direction of immediate manager
- Leads the planning for client and application upgrades
- Advanced knowledge of Active Directory administration and domain troubleshooting
- Advanced knowledge of VMware vSphere and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
- Advanced knowledge of client patch management systems
- Advanced knowledge and experience with SCCM including imaging, task sequence, patch management and reporting
- Knowledge and experience with any of the following airport common use platforms; Amadeus, SITA, Arinc, Ultra
What are the physical requirements of a Station Support Engineer?
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Must be able to work in an airport environment in Data rooms that would be cramped in small places in long periods of time
- Must be able to work in an office environment
- Extended work hours as required for off-site support
- Ability to travel up to 60%
Allegiant is an equal opportunity employer and will not unlawfully discriminate against qualified applicants or Team Members with respect to any terms or conditions of employment based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, marital status, military service status, union/non-union activity, citizenship status, or other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance. This includes compliance with all federal, state and local laws providing for nondiscrimination on the basis of disability in all aspects of the employment process and the requirement to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with those laws.
Posted: January 8, 2019