Aerotek Field Service Engineer in Las Vegas, Nevada
Our client needs to hire at least one Field Service Engineer.
General Responsibilities: Under the supervision of Customer Service Manager the incumbent will perform troubleshooting, maintenance, and repairs on Company products at assigned customer sites. This requires interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as part of a solution-based service process. The incumbent will also be responsible for maintaining daily communication with customers to ensure resolution and proper follow-up, leading to complete customer satisfaction.
Essential Job Functions:
• Installs, services, and repairs SSL and PSL machinery
• Performs troubleshooting and start-up of machinery; resolves technical equipment failures through phone support and on-site customer visits
• Trains appropriate operational staff at the customer site
• Conducts testing and root cause analysis on machine components that will lead to effective problem solving
• Provides technical feedback on product improvements
• Completes Preventative Maintenance and Functional Maintenance inspections
• Maintains customer service logs and internal service records in accordance with our clients policies
• Travel around 80-90% expected. The manager does his best to schedule to travel two weeks in advance, but because they are the service department things can change quickly and last minute trips are possible. They try to have the engineers leave on Mondays and return on Fridays. They always try to avoid weekends. Engineers rack up hours because they are paid for traveling time, 50-60hrs per week.
-Engineers will be paid $55/day in per diem plus all expenses are paid while traveling
Packaging, Electrical, Mechanical, blueprints, troubleshooting, root cause, PLC Programming, Rockwell, vfd, Field service, Electro mechanical
Top Skills Details:
Field Service Engineer
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Possesses a strong electrical and mechanical experience with the ability to read and understand blue prints and electrical documentation
• Excellent communication and troubleshooting skills are a must
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to interact with all levels within the organization
• Excellent organizational skills; must be able to manage tasks and projects with minimal guidance
• Ability to travel 80-100% with flexibility to travel week days and weekends
• Ability to train on site in Jeffersonville, IN and other locations for 3 – 6 months before traveling
**Must be located within an hour of a major airport
• Experience with PLC programming/troubleshooting (Rockwell & Siemens) and networking (Ethernet)
• Experience with packaging equipment preferred
• Technical degree in Electrical or Mechatronics Engineering preferred with 3-5 years’ experience in a manufacturing and/or Field Service Experience
• Fluent in Spanish is a plus but not a requirement
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs