Fiserv Director, Project Management in Las Vegas, Nevada
What does a great Director PS Execution Services do?
You will be responsible for managing and directing high performance teams to deliver upon 1) large, complex, engagements or 2) a portfolio of projects for a specific client. Complex programs are defined as multiple product implementations combined with software development, systems integration and data conversion, large-scale ERP/Data Warehouse implementations, or custom product development, typically in excess of $10M.
As the Director, you will provide overall leadership, vision, strategic planning and oversight for Engagements, EDO Operations, and leveraging the Enterprise Solution Delivery (ESD) Framework/Methodology for Open Solutions clients. You will be responsible for overseeing to ensure we are delivering various types of programs from mid to large, complex programs, which impact multiple diverse fields and functions across the Fiserv enterprise. As part of your responsibility, you will develop and grow high performance talent that includes your direct reports, other DNA project associates and also influence non-DNA associate talent growth. In order to provide oversight and build high performance team talent, this will require you to have a full spectrum of knowledge in terms of implementation, software development, and knowledge in multiple disciplines. The Director position will give you the opportunity to exercise a wide variety of skill and experience and contribute as a key delivery executive role empowered to deliver on the promise of One Fiserv.
In this role you can expect to:
• Formulate strategies with an enterprise-level view, implementing the vision with operational responsibility.
• Formulate organizational goals and objectives as it relates to Program Management crossing multiple disciplines; fields, and functions.
• Oversee progress of the enterprise program goals, which includes overseeing the outcomes of others.
• Perform cost and risk management.
• Manage activities of staff (i.e. hires, trains, coaches, appraises, rewards, motivates, disciplines, recommends termination as necessary, etc.).
• Build and foster high performance teams; matrix and direct, ensuring predictable, consistent, and successful program delivery through Engagement oversight.
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships and strategic partnerships with external (e.g. primary interface with the client program leadership) and internal key stakeholders/customers across groups and/or business units to maximize effectiveness and influence.
• Establish and manage a deal based portfolio of active engagements managing project resource staffing needs against the sales pipeline to ensure that resources are available for upcoming engagements.
• Drives continuous improvement of the Solution Delivery processes as it relates to Engagement and Project Management practices; stays informed of industry developments and best practices, and champions the adoption and integration into the Solution Delivery process
• Champions the Enterprise Solution Delivery process (ESD) and the effective utilization of best practices in the field by coaching those filling the enterprise roles, business unit roles and the engagement project team. Participates in ESD training activities and then work closely with field personnel to apply the practices consistently and in a way that ultimately changes behavior and becomes the standard practice in the organization. Ensures that methodology and approach are consistently implemented across the business.
• Fosters a culture of continuous development, performance accountability, feedback, and performance coaching and client centricity.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
• Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, Computer Science, or equivalent
Bachelor’s degree required; Masters preferred
8+ years of project management experience with at least 3 years of program or engagement management experience delivering large complex programs (portfolio of projects) with multiple project tracks.
• 5+ years of client facing consulting / professional services experience.
• 3+ years of direct management and leadership experience preferable in the professional services/consulting arena.
Travel required: Up to 50%
Preferred Qualifications for Consideration:
• 8+ years of experience in custom software product development, systems integration, and/or software implementation services required with at least 5 years of systems integration experience.
• 5+ years of Financial Services experience strongly preferred.
• Process management/improvement in the area of solution/implementation delivery methodologies strongly preferred.
• Project/Program Management Certification preferred, not required
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Learn more about Fiserv:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options.
We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services” But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the seventh consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
In this role you will be aligned with solutions to our banking customers. We deliver comprehensive bank platforms and value-added products and services for community, mid-tier, and large financial institutions. We offer flexible technology solutions that enable financial institutions to quickly align to customers' expectations. With a modular approach to delivery, financial institutions can preserve platform investments while delivering both updated functionality and a consistent experience across channels.
From understanding consumer needs based on the latest research to analytics and advisory services that help identify growth opportunities from accounts, payments and industry data, we help clients access and act on data to create better outcomes
- Fiserv Jobs