HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Critical Care Float Nurse PRN in Las Vegas, Nevada
Are you looking for a company that places integrity over their bottom line? Here atHCA, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
Southern Hills Hospital is located in Southwest Las Vegas just off the I-215 and Durango/Sunset exit. The facility is an accredited 252-bed acute care hospital providing emergency and pediatric emergency services, a behavioral health (geriatric psychiatric) inpatient and outpatient program serving ages 50 and older, accredited Chest Pain Center, a Certified Primary Stroke Center, a dedicated orthopedic and spine unit, OB-GYN, Level II NICU, diagnostic imaging and surgical services. Southern Hills Hospital *was *voted the Best Hospital in Las Vegas.
- Utilizing advanced digital technology and an accomplished medical staff,Southern Hills Hospital'sadvanced care and superior service make for better outcomes and an exceptional patient experience.
- The Joint Commission, the leading accreditor of healthcare organizations in America, recognizedSouthern Hills Hospitalas a /Top Performer on Key Quality Measures®/ - the only Southern Nevada hospital to earn this recognition for four consecutive years.
- Southern Hills Hospital is the first institution in the state of Nevada to be recognized by the American Heart Association as a leading hospital in cardiology through their compliance with the “Get with the Guidelines - Heart Failure” program.
- In addition, Southern Hills Hospital earned The Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval® for its Alzheimer's disease program by demonstrating compliance with The Joint Commission's national standards for health care quality and safety in disease-specific care.
- We have also partnered with award-winning spine physicians from the Nevada Neurosciences Institute.
Join us as we achieve our mission statement:
/Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life./
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. We offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- o Student Loan Forgiveness o Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs o Paid Personal Leave o 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service) o Identity Theft Protection discounts o Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options o Adoption Assistance o Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Critical Care Float Nurseto help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
*POSITION SUMMARY: *
The RN Critical Care – Float Pool is a registered professional nurse who participates as an active member of the Nursing Team on the assigned unit/department. The registered nurse assumes responsibility for coordinating safe, efficient, and therapeutically effective nursing care for patients on the assigned unit/department. The nurse may also work in the capacity of relief charge nurse in addition to being a clinical nurse providing care for patients for an assigned time.
The nurse maintains current competency with nursing skills required for the potential assigned units/departments, and demonstrates knowledge regarding Standards of Care and Standards of Practice in the assigned areas. He/She demonstrates knowledge of principles of growth & development over life span, and possesses the ability to assess data reflective of patient status, and to interpret the data appropriately to identify patient requirements specific to the patient’s age.
The nurse remains calm in crisis and emergency situations, and directs staff members effectively and appropriately. The critical care nurse maintains professional and effective working relationships with all members of the health care team.
The nurse is a role model for staff and other departments. They demonstrate customer service excellence in relationships with patients, families, physicians and employees.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!
/We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status./
- Graduate of an accredited RN School of Nursing
- BSN preferred
- Minimum of one (1) year recent critical care experience required
- Minimum of two (2) years recent acute care experience required
- Current Nevada RN license required
- BLS required
- ACLS required
- CCRN and PALS preferred
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Critical Care Float Nurse PRN
Location: Nevada-Las Vegas-Southern Hills Hospital and Medical Center
Requisition ID: 08967-6674