Robert Half International Controller in Las Vegas, Nevada
There is a great opportunity for candidates who are driven by high expectations. Do you thrive in a role where integrity, reliability and leadership are valued? You might be the Controller Robert Half Finance is looking for, if you want to take responsibility for the accounting and clerical department of a successful company. The Controller position is a full-time opportunity in the Las Vegas, Nevada region. Planning and directing all accounting operational functions, handling the accumulation and consolidation of financial data for internal and external financial statements, evaluating accounting and internal control systems, and leading departmental staff will be essential for this role. Candidates who know how to effectively manage self and others within strict time constraints when providing client services will do well in this role along with creative types who can lead while also being a team player, generate innovative ideas, and challenge the status quo. In this position, you will receive exceptional compensation and benefits and potential for career growth.
Your responsibilities in this role
• Oversees the operations of the Accounting Department, which include accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, and payroll.
• Oversees training programs and identifies training needs.
• Maintains a documented system of accounting policies and procedures; implements a system of controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk.
• Oversees the production of periodic financial reports; ensures that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards.
• Recommends benchmarks that will be used to measure the company’s performance.
• Produces the annual budget and forecasts; reports significant budget differences to management.
• Provides financial analysis, with emphasis on capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
• Works with external auditors and provides needed information for the annual audit.
• Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
• Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please email your resume in confidence to Kathy Beavers at firstname.lastname@example.org .
• Hands-On Accounting experience in the food & beverage / restaurant industry a must
• Excellent management and supervisory skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Proficient in accounting software. Knowledge of Intacct, Restaurant365, and PlateIQ helpful.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration required.
• Ten years or more of related experience required.
• Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designation preferred.
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled finance and accounting professionals in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local office at 888.490.5461 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/finance to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Salary: $120,000.00 - $165,000.00 / Yearly
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Date Posted: September 15, 2020
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 03100-0011555457
Staffing Area: Full-Time Accounting u0026 Finance
Robert Half International
- Robert Half International Jobs