Girl Scouts of America Chief Mission Delivery Officer in Las Vegas, Nevada
Chief Mission Delivery Officer
Girl Scouts Of Southern Nevada
Job Location: NV - Las Vegas
Salary Range: $78,000+ (Annually)
Employment Type: Full-Time (Regular)
Job #: 6128
Post Date: 1/9/2019
Girl Scouts of Southern Nevada (GSSNV) is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, chartered by Girl Scouts of the USA to deliver Girl Scouting in four counties across southern Nevada as well as two counties on the eastern boarder of Southern California. The council is one of 112 federated councils that span the United States. The council strives to serve girls of all races and ethnicities, without regard to income, and serves 4,500 girls, ages 5 to 17, and 1,500 adult volunteers, with 33 full- and part-time employees. The council’s budget is $5 million, and its combined facilities include one service center, two scout houses and two camp properties. GSSNV is dedicated to helping today’s girls become tomorrow’s leaders.
The Chief Mission Delivery Officer reports to the CEO and leads approximately 33 full- and part-time staff located in one service center. This individual is responsible for areas of membership, volunteer services, programs, and recruitment.
Principal objectives for the Chief Mission Delivery Officer are in areas of:
• Increasing and retaining girl and adult membership
• Volunteer engagement, development, and motivation
• Implementation and operation of annual programs for girls
• Community Outreach & Engagement
• Upholding diversity as a core value of the council
EOE/Committed to Diversity
Candidates for the position of Chief Mission Delivery Officer are expected to have a minimum of five to ten years of progressively responsible management experience in operations that demonstrates success in a mission-driven and community-oriented organization. A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required, with advanced degree in a relevant field preferred.
This position requires exceptional management skills in areas such as project management, marketing, and financial management, plus the ability to oversee multiple tasks simultaneously. Candidates must be capable public speakers who can articulate goals and engage, persuade, and inspire a broad group of stakeholders. Experience in volunteer development and management is highly desirable. Individuals from the world of Girl Scouts, other nonprofits, and organizations with exceptional customer engagement are encouraged to apply.
• Success in managing in a highly decentralized environment through volunteers, managers, and staff in the field
• Collaborative and empowering style in working with multiple stakeholder groups
• Demonstrated depth in problem solving, judgment and decision-making
• Substantial budgeting and fiscal management of $2 million or better
• Personal attributes of integrity, responsibility, self-awareness, and ethical conduct
• Passion for the Girl Scout vision and mission
How to Apply
We urge interested candidates to apply as soon as possible to meet the council’s timetable for this exciting position. Applications will continue to be reviewed until this important position is filled. For immediate consideration, please e-mail your cover letter and resume along with desired salary:
Bob Perodeau, Principal
Evergreen Executive Source, LLC
P.O. Box 412Haddonfield, NJ 08033