FirstService Residential Building Engineer in Las Vegas, Nevada
Closely monitors, identifies and communicates problems in every phase of general maintenance of the building(s), including areas of carpentry, electrical work, HVAC, plumbing, mechanical, painting, flooring, patching, general hardware, other minor building repairs and cleanliness. Makes recommendations, performs repairs, replacement maintenance and implements preventative maintenance as established by FirstService Residential procedures and guidelines.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The job duties listed are typical examples of the work performed by positions in this job classification. Not all duties assigned to every position are included, nor is it expected that all positions will be assigned every duty
- Work with the assigned Community Manager and/or Assistant Manager (if assigned) as an integral part of the management/maintenance team
- Provide assigned Community Manager with Budget recommendations pertaining to Routine, Preventative, Emergency, Corrective, and Scheduled/Replacement maintenance
- Assist the Board of Directors with their mandate of maintaining the Association in the best interests of the Membership. This includes all contractual and legal obligations
- Ensure that the curb appeal of the Community is maintained to the Board's expectations and that all internal and external common areas are free of trash and debris at all times, notating all repairs. Ensure that any graffiti is promptly removed.
- Dumpster enclosures are kept clean and orderly. Damages to enclosures and or gates/doors are reported to the assigned Community Manager promptly so that corrective action may be taken
- Ensure that lighting inspections are performed on a regular basis (as determined by the Board or assigned Community Manager) documenting problem areas and/or fixtures. A lighting log is to be maintained to track frequency of replacements and to identify problematic fixtures or areas that may require an electrician or other specialty trade to correct issue(s). Reports are provided to the assigned Community Manager for review and action
- Ensure that inventories for consumables (light bulbs, toilet paper, paper towels, cleaning supplies, etc.) are updated regularly and provided to assigned Community Manager. Issues are followed up in a timely manner and in accordance with the Association policies and procedures
- Ensure the associations' asset inventory is maintained and updated as required. Asset Inventory is to be provided to assigned Community Manager for appropriate action(s) and filing
- Ensure proper knowledge of Emergency Systems (i.e. Fire Alarm, Fire Sprinkler, Fire Monitoring, Generator) if applicable.
- Ensure that site maps are complete and updated as required, depicting locations of all water, gas, and electrical shutoffs.
- Provide input and leadership in planning future maintenance projects, preventative maintenance schedules, and scheduled maintenance as assigned community matures. This includes drafting/revising preventative maintenance schedules, emergency maintenance policies as required
- Training (or arranging the training of) maintenance staff regarding their duties and expectations. Ensure maintenance staff is provided with any required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and the proper use of PPE in accordance with OSHA regulations
- Provide input to assigned Community Manager in resolving maintenance issues between the Board and FirstService Residential
- Assist the assigned Community Manager in preparing bid specifications (RFP's), meeting with contractors/vendors, and obtaining bids as applicable
- Ensure the satisfaction of the Board with FirstService Residential performance pertaining to maintenance; and promote the positive contributions of maintenance and RMI to the Association. Attend Board meetings as requested by the Board and/or assigned Community Manager
- Maintains qualifications for CPO and/or HVAC Certificates. Tracks credits to ensure that any required continuing education is obtained to prevent lapse in Certificate(s)
- Provide monthly maintenance reports to the assigned Community Manager; and any additional reports as required.
- Maintain proper dress and hygiene standards in accordance with FirstService Residential policy
- Record and evaluate preventive maintenance activity logs. Provide all Maintenance logs to corporate monthly for digital storage
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills
- Is pleasant, courteous, and professional in demeanor including professional attire
- Maintains composure and professional manner when working to resolve problems even when faced with angry or unreasonable individuals
- Represents the Company knowledgeably and credibly. Is positive and constructive in addressing problems. Actively promotes a positive image of the Company and its associates
- Demonstrates problem-solving abilities
- Takes ownership of problems until resolved and follows up to ensure customer satisfaction
- Demonstrates an ability to "Connect the Dots" and is resourceful in their ability to resolve customer issues and requests.
- Possesses sound technical skills
- Develops and maintains solid working knowledge of procedures and policies relevant to the job
- Continually works to expand job knowledge & skills
- Maintains and demonstrates a positive attitude
- Possesses the ability to remain resilient and positive even when customer interactions are not pleasant. Bounces back from difficult interactions
Education & Certifications
High School Diploma or Equivalent *
Related technical education or trade certifications, such as HVAC or Certified Pool Operator is preferred *
Physical Requirements & Working Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- pool, landscape, and recreational areas and navigate uneven surfaces
- Must be mobile enough to move around during outside events, stand for long periods of time and lift up to 35 pounds.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Must have finger dexterity for typing/using a keyboard
- Must be able to hear to place and receive telephone calls and use voicemail system. Talking and hearing occur continuously in this position
- Must have full range of neck motion in order to inspect properties
- The work environment characteristics are normal guard conditions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- May be required to work overtime as needed and approved by supervisor. Operating hours may be altered to meet client demands
- Consistent and regular attendance required
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Hours over and above normal office hours will occur, including evenings, holidays, and some weekends. Schedule is subject to change based on business needs.
FirstService Residential is North America's foremost property management firm. Our dedication, responsiveness and integrity are why thousands of communities across the U.S. and Canada choose FirstService Residential to manage their properties. We have expertise working with complex communities with large budgets and numerous amenities. In addition, we manage commercial associations and mixed-use developments, as well as multi-family and investor-owned rental and REO properties for institutional and private equity clients.
We're all about our associates, and as we continue to grow, we're looking for even more quality people who share our dedication to doing what's right, improving residents' quality of life, building great relationships and truly making a difference for their clients, their colleagues and themselves. Is that you? If so, apply today or join our community and learn more about FirstService Residential.
To learn more about our company and culture, please visit
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled