SMG Broadcast Engineer in Las Vegas, Nevada
ASM Global is the world's leading venue management and services company. The company was formed by the combination of AEG Facilities and SMG, global leaders in venue, event strategy, and management. The company's elite venue network spans five continents, with a portfolio of more than 300 of the world's most prestigious arenas, stadiums, convention and exhibition centers, and performing arts venues. From Aberdeen to Anchorage, and Sydney to Stockholm, its venues connect people through the unique power of live experiences.
Allegiant Stadium, located in Las Vegas, NV, will be the future home of the Las Vegas Raiders of the National Football League and the UNLV Rebels of the NCAA Division 1 Football Bowl Subdivision. The 65,000 seat, 1.75 million square foot, state of the art domed stadium will also host many world-class sporting and entertainment events, including the 2020 and 2021 Pac-12 Football Championship, and will serve as the annual site of the Las Vegas Bowl. The stadium will also host large trade and corporate shows, public gatherings, private events, and a robust tour program.
This position is responsible for leading the supervision of setup, operation, maintenance, organization, and deployment of but not limited to video, audio, broadcast engineering, and lighting equipment at Allegiant Stadium. This position requires a well-rounded individual who can work independently and lead a team to carry out hands-on technical duties. This position is responsible for managing the event technical staff. This position, reporting to the Manager of Audio, Visual, Broadcast and Cisco Vision Operations, has far-reaching responsibilities including game day operations for Raiders and UNLV football, system integration and quality control as well as management of video production for all major private and public events. This position also takes the lead on broadcast system maintenance while continuing to innovate workflows and serving in an advisory role in planning for capital improvements.
- Manage, maintain, repair, and test all broadcast equipment and infrastructure throughout Allegiant Stadium including but not limited to fiber optic, SMPTE cable, triax, and other audio/video cabling, master control room servers, router, switcher, IPTV system, RF systems, broadcast cameras and peripherals, televisions, and other A/V equipment.
- Conduct systems configuration and oversee technical operation of all broadcast systems. Administer and troubleshoot all technical issues on-site. Work closely with the event and facilities teams to coordinate and manage any audio-visual technical equipment and staffing needs for all games, shows & events.
- Establish and train a reliable group of video engineers, system operators and utilities to flawlessly execute all events at Allegiant Stadium. Provide training, guidance and operation of digital and analog audio consoles and video equipment in the control room, clubs, and all other spaces
- Manage part-time A/V techs and set/strike labor to execute private events from start to finish (estimate, planning, execution, post-event financial settlement)
- Manage system integration and serve as a key advisor for concerts and other public events to ensure a consistently high-quality video experience at Allegiant Stadium
- Identify areas for improvement in both daily workflow and overall system functionality and plan for end-of-life equipment replacement, working with the Manager of Audio, Visual, Broadcast and Cisco Vision Operations to address these needs through continued capital improvement
- Perform routine maintenance to audio and video equipment and ensures that a clean, labeled, and organized inventory of equipment and tools is maintained. Develop and maintain inventory of broadcast and A/V system equipment and consumables. Ensure that an inventory and maintenance log of all equipment is properly monitored and tracked
- Liaise with internal/external production as well as interfacing and assisting production and satellite trucks.
- In the absence of the Manager, assist in supervising and managing hourly AV staff. Schedule and supervise technicians to assist third party entities for house integration as needed
- Maintain clear and thorough Standard Operating Procedures for all standard events. Develop, implement and maintain best practices across all video systems that are reflective of ASM Global focus on Cyber Security, Governance and Compliance
- At least 3-5 years' experience in stadium or large arena broadcast systems; including "club" A/V systems.
- A minimum education level of High school diploma required; 2 or 4 year degree in Video and Audio Production, Broadcast, or Technical preferred
- Experience with video/display systems for, and executing corporate and private events
- Strong working knowledge of networking concepts including management of IP addresses and networking new devices
Full understanding of:
Ross Xpression, Tesera, Acuity
- Evertz IP and baseband routing, modular frames, control and monitoring systems
- EVS replay systems
- Sony broadcast cameras and camera control units
- Modular LED video systems (Daktronics, Prismview, etc.)
- Riedel intercom systems
- DANTE routing and implementation
- Working knowledge of stadium video and audio systems, portable audio setups, wireless microphones, and analog and digital intercom systems
- Knowledge of pulling cables, wiring audio racks, and terminating/soldering cables
- Working knowledge of arena video and audio signal flow
- Possess an ability to route video and audio signals to and from audio consoles and video routers
- Ability to manage staff effectively. Proven ability to successfully plan, coordinate, and execute tactically and strategically
- Excellent written and oral communication, client service, and project management skills required; ability to interact with all levels of staff including management
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands, and frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); ability to learn required business systems
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with internal and external partners
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamless with excellent attention to detail
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must be able to troubleshoot technical issues under pressure
- Must possess a strong technical background
- Must possess a "self-starter", entrepreneurial personality
ASM Global reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. ASM Global may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled