Fresenius Medical Care North America Azura Interventional Radiology Technologist Per Diem in Las Vegas, Nevada
Job ID 20000BPK
Available Openings 1
Position Specific Information This is a per diem role that will be utilized on an as needed basis.
The center is open from 7:30am to 5:00pm
We perform vascular procedures under moderate sedation.
You will need ARRT and RT State License
Supports FMCNA’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and policy requirements.
Assists physicians in performing all types of interventional radiology procedures. Responsible for the operation and quality control of the radiological equipment in accordance with FMC policies, procedures and training. Assists with the inventory and ordering of supplies.
PRINCIPALDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Performs various activities necessary for the preparation of the patient and the procedure room for the radiology procedures in compliance with FMCNA policies and procedures and state and federal regulations.
· Reviews patient specific procedure orders to determine materials/supplies that will be needed.
· Sets up/ stocks the procedure room/procedure trays with all needed supplies and interventional equipment prior to procedure and cleans procedure room post procedure, including cleaning of equipment/machinery.
· Conducts all necessary preparations of the patient procedure room and documents when appropriate.
· Explains procedure to the patient, answers questions and addresses patient concerns.
· Assists with preparing the patient for the surgical procedure by positioning, shaving and prepping.
· Performs patient transfers and positioning of patients and transports patient to and from procedure room.
· Inputs patient data into the C-Arm.
· Acts as scrub assistant assisting the physician during interventional procedures under fluoroscopy; maintaining a sterile technique according to the established company policies and procedures and state and federal regulations.
· Complies with HIPPA policies and standards in regards to patient confidentiality.
· Draws up intravenous medication and labels as per Medication Labeling Policy in the Sterile Field Competency.
· Processes x-ray images and archives to a CD or DVD to comply with FMCNA policies and procedures for patient medical records and state regulations.
· Provides outstanding quality of patient care by supporting and driving FMCNA quality standards through meeting regulatory requirements and the practice of Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI), including use of FMCNA CQI tools.
· Assists with implementing FMCNA quality goals and facility specific action plans in order to achieve FMCNA quality standards.
· Ensures medical records are accurate, complete and in compliance with FMCNA policies and procedures. Maintains integrity of medical records, filing paperwork in patient files according to policies and procedures and performing audits on a regular basis.
· Assists with maintaining environmental integrity and aesthetics. Ensures all areas are clean, sanitary and safe on a daily basis Ensures all facility equipment and instruments are in proper working condition by inspecting equipment on a daily basis before and after procedures.
· Makes recommendations regarding replacement of equipment and repairs.
· Assists with disposal of hazardous waste materials, dirty linen and rugs.
· May perform instrument sterilization and package surgical instruments.
· Prepares, organizes, and efficiently utilizes supplies and equipment to prevent wastage.
· Attends and participates in Governing Body, assisting with meeting agenda and gathering of data/material for meetings.
· Ensures effective communication with physicians.
· Attends and participates in CQI meetings with physicians, reporting on assigned topics.
· Works with the physicians and staff to ensure all necessary instruments and equipment are on hand.
· Addresses physician concerns in areas of responsibility.
· May print images and send to the physician.
· May assist in the development and revision of policies related to radiography to ensure continuous process improvement.
· Assists in training and orienting new employees on the equipment.
· Ensures patient billing is accurate and timely by reviewing all procedures, documenting patient equipment charges and verifying CPT and ICD9 codes are correct.
· Assists with inventory, ordering of supplies and re-stocking of supplies.
· Acts as Radiation Safety Officer; monitors radiation badges and conducts in-services regarding Radiation safety.
· Participates in all facility regulatory and accreditation surveys and action plans to address any deficiencies identified.
· Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS ANDWORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and workenvironment characteristics described here are representative of those anemployee encounters while performing the essential functions of thisjob. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individualswith disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment ischaracteristic of a health care facility with air temperature control andmoderate noise levels. May be exposed to infectious and contagiousdiseases/materials. Must be able to lift, push and pull up to 50pounds and to perform patient transfers and positioning of patients up to400 pounds. Must be able to stand in a protective apron for up to45-60 minutes.
High School Diploma required;Associate’s Degree desirable; and Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred
Must have ARRT Certification,and be a licensed Radiology Technician by the Department of Health
Per state requirements - mustbe licensed in radiology.
Interventional Radiologycertificate preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREDSKILLS:
4 – 6 years’ related experiencedesirable, Candidates with ARRT Certifications will be considered for thisposition with at least 1 years of experience desirable.
Working knowledge ofinterventional equipment (including C-Arm and Ultrasound equipment), proceduresand materials/supplies needed for each procedure. Knowledge ofsterile techniques.
Experience with specialprocedures utilizing a C-Arm.
Knowledge of universalprecautions and personal protective devices to be utilized when operatingradiology systems.
Successfully complete BLScertification.
Experience with monitoring andmaintaining inventory.
Proficient in the use ofcomputers and related software such as Microsoft Office (Word & Excel)
EO/AA Employer:Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical CareNorth America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicablefederal and state laws.
Fresenius Medical Care North America
- Fresenius Medical Care North America Jobs