HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Quality Coordinator in Henderson, Nevada
We are looking for an exceptional Quality Coordinator to support our expanding Quality team. We believe in our team and your ability to help us provide high quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.
CareNow is HCA Healthcare’s fastest growing line of business, and is a national leader in urgent care medicine. We provide superior quality and convenience care for your schedule. With more than 150 clinics, we are a collection of motivated healthcare professionals just like you who are committed to excellence in every patient interaction.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The Quality Coordinator (QC) contributes to the company’s mission and vision by supporting and coordinating clinical performance in assigned market or area. The Quality Coordinator (QC) will work under the direction of the Director or Manager of Quality and collaboratively with the Quality and Payor Initiative central support team, Practice Managers and staff to support, promote, design, and implement improvements and innovations. In order to achieve defined outcomes, the Quality Coordinator engenders commitment, encourages cultural changes, disseminates information, and provides support for safety process changes. Ensures compliance with applicable accreditation, regulatory, and licensure standards.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Under the direction of the Director/Manager of Quality, directs efforts at the practice level to ensure effective Quality Program and Performance Improvement methodologies are successfully implemented and maintained throughout the assigned market(s).
- Provides guidance to HCA Physician Services Group (PSG) employees/management in complying with the requirements and intentions of the Quality and Payor Initiatives team’s programs.
- Ensures quality of care and safe clinical practices are maintained and promoted.
- Executes the orientation program for new hires, overseeing their progress and providing additional training as needed and identifies and provides opportunities for any needed remedial training.
- Performs practice and clinical audits as directed by Director/Manager of Quality.
- Plan, coordinate and conduct direct observations of back office clinical staff and lab personnel as per the Urgent Care service line Direct Observe Protocol for each discipline. Participate in back office and lab quality improvement studies in the Urgent Care service line, as directed.
- Prepare and submit minutes from all meetings, as directed.
- Assists in preparations of metric reports and development of meaningful improvement plans in collaboration with practice staff and/or quality team members. Submits monthly reports to the Director/Manager of Quality and participates in monthly operations reviews as directed.
- Maintains awareness of regulations, keeping abreast of pending and or implemented changes.
- Develops communication tools to alert Divisions of their performance on quality metrics.
- Participates in implementation and monitoring of division quality initiatives.
- Maintains competency with all current Quality Program initiatives.
- Provides education to employees and medical staff and supports development of ongoing educational resources as related to Quality initiatives.
- Meets regularly with Practice Managers and encourages shared learning.
- Trains staff on infection control practices, OSHA, high-level disinfection and autoclave, and other clinical and regulatory components such as drug screen, breath alcohol technician and respirator fit testing.
- Creates and manages all preceptor, new employee, back office and lab training schedules to ensure initial and refresher training is conducted as directed by Director/Manager of Quality for physician practices or the Director of Training in the urgent care service line.
EDUCATION: Bachelor Degree required (prefer Bachelor of Science in Nursing)
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 2-years relevant experience preferred. Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in state of residence required.
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the Fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence.
- * If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications, and are actively interviewing. Apply Today!
- * We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Quality Coordinator
Location: Nevada-Henderson-Far West Division Office
Requisition ID: 21340-95998