Google Plant Engineer, Data Center Operations in Henderson, Nevada
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of experience at journeyman level or relevant experience in facilities within a critical environment.
- MEP certification/license.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
As a Data Center Plant Engineer, you will advocate excellent environmental practices. The Data Center team designs and operates sophisticated and efficient electrical and HVAC systems. Our Engineers are continually seeking different approaches to reducing operational costs while improving efficiencies through the operation and maintenance of water pumps and treatment systems, HVAC, UPS, generators, electrical distribution, and control and monitoring systems.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Provide effective shift leadership for successful critical system troubleshooting, unit commissioning, repairs/replacements with little to no supervision in quality, quantity, and timeliness as assigned.
- Operate critical plant equipment as authorized by facilities manager.
- Provide coordination/input for global facilities programs such as CMMS, BMS, vibration analysis, training, and thermography.
- Respond to critical data center events and alarms and be responsible for being a point of escalation on operational issues.
- Communicate effectively with clients.