Harley-Davidson Collections & Loss Mitigation Manager in Carson City, Nevada
At Harley-Davidson, we are building more than machines. It’s our passion and commitment to continue the evolution of this storied brand, and heighten the desirability of the Harley-Davidson experience. To keep building our legend and leading our industry through innovation, evolution, and emotion we need the best and brightest talent. We stand for the timeless pursuit of adventure. Freedom for the soul. Are you ready to join us?
Harley-Davidson Financial Services (HDFS), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Harley-Davidson, Inc., offers a wide range of financial products and services to motorcycle enthusiasts and Harley-Davidson dealerships. Products available to consumers include financing on motorcycles, MotorClothes™, and parts and accessories; cycle insurance; and extended service plans for Harley-Davidson® motorcycles.
You’ll play a pivotal role in helping us create the company we want to be. And for our employees and H-D community it’s done through being fair, honest, positive and creative. This isn’t just any company. And yours isn’t just any career. It’s part of your story. Ride with us and make it legendary.
HDFS’ Carson City, Nevada office serves as one of the Company's two operations centers. It’s where HDFS first established its roots in 1992. It is also home to Eaglemark Savings Bank, the Company’s lending institution, where all loans are funded. Carson City employees represent the loan origination and servicing business units including Collections, Funding, Underwriting, Dealer Services, and HDFS’ Cycle Insurance business unit. There are also employees who work in Accounting, Legal, Global Information Services, Risk, Enterprise Project Management, and Compliance who call this office home. Join our team as aCollections & Loss Mitigation Manager.
The Collections Manager provides leadership, coaching, and supervision to a Collections Team. Selects trains and assigns responsibilities, manages daily operations, communicates with employees on progress and priorities of departmental and corporate initiatives, and facilitates employee development and performance. The role is responsible for coordinating activities to maintain customer focus and high levels of customer satisfaction. The Manager is responsible for ensuring that all members of the team work together towards the common goal of serving the business/commercial teams. In addition to the day-to-day servicing activities, the role is responsible for coordinating with others in the organization (e.g., Directors, Managers, and others within Operations) as appropriate to ensure work meets service and quality standards. The Manager provides recommendations to establish performance objectives, and has full responsibility for monitoring and evaluating individual team member performance. The Manager embraces and facilitates external focus by all members of the group and actively coaches team members to consistently deliver the desired customer experience.
- Monitor and manage daily workflow to ensure attainment of departmental and corporate goals and provide direct supervisory support for origination and servicing team members to ensure appropriate supervisory coverage during all operating hours in accordance with organizational policies and procedures.
- Manages all staffing decisions and provides direct reports with clear communication including feedback, coaching, individual development needs assessment, and training gaps, including regular, one-on-one performance reviews to ensure performance and quality standards are being met. Schedule and manage all attendance and performance statistics for assigned personnel.
- Decision all requests for repossessions to assure minimal losses for the company and adherence to department and legal guidelines. Decision all charge off referrals to minimize losses and assure adherence to departmental and legal guidelines.
- As needed, intercedes on requests with difficult customers and/or requests requiring detailed knowledge of the organization’s products/services and approve exceptions (within established parameters) to assist in finalizing transactions.
- Monitor and update all documents and communications for adherence to legal, corporate guidelines and established procedures.
- Oversees the efforts of Collections/ Loss Mitigation teams and collaborates with all key stakeholders to address consistency and quality issues (including monitoring call) impacting key metrics surrounding customer satisfaction, first contact resolution, productivity and service levels, and the allocation of shared resources.
- Work with the Compliance and Legal departments to develop and ensure customer correspondence adheres to their specifications.
- Participates in activities associated with maintaining process/operations, including developing and implementing policies and procedures on systems and the flow of information.
Protection of information and compliance with the law are paramount. Protecting employee, customer and corporate information is everyone's responsibility at Eaglemark Savings Bank. All employees must follow established safeguards, including policies regarding data protection, segregation of duties, and access to information based solely on business need. Further, it is the responsibility of all employees to maintain awareness and understanding of relevant laws, regulations, internal policies and procedures, and to comply with all of them.
A bachelor's degree in Business or a related field is highly preferred.
This role typically requires a minimum of 3 years of related experience.
- Ability to ensure timely execution of all processes and communications to both internal and external customers
- Ability to monitor employees’ communication and correspondence to ensure the highest level of customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong teamwork skills and the ability to interact effectively with all
- Strong organizational skills to ensure customer service level agreements are maintained on a consistent basis
- Demonstrated ability to show leadership and take the initiative to achieve results in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Previous management experience preferred
We offer an inclusive compensation package for all full-time employees including, but not limited to, bonus programs, health insurance benefits, a 401k program, onsite fitness centers, employee discounts on products and accessories, and more. We welcome everybody to join our family and be united no matter who you are or where you come from. Learn more about Harley-Davidson here.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Auto req ID: 7284
Title: Collections & Loss Mitigation Manager
Job Function: Call Center
Location: CARSON CITY
Company: Harley-Davidson Financial Services
Full or Part-Time: Full Time
Direct Reports: Yes
Travel Required: 0 - 10%
Visa Sponsorship: This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
Relocation: This position is not eligible for relocation assistance
Nearest Major Market: Carson City
Nearest Secondary Market: Reno
Job Segment: Developer, Bank, Banking, Manager, Web Design, Technology, Finance, Management, Creative